- Vanilla Documentation: Where you can find docs and self-serve how-tos on Vanilla's features and add-ons
- Vanilla Blog: Where you'll find articles on various community topics - things like theme tips, advice on dealing with trolls, and spammers. N.B. When you first search the blog, you may not find what you're looking for, click on the "Search on Google" link to find older, but still relevant results.
- Vanilla Library: Where you'll find things like case studies, guides, vidoes etc.
Of course your Customer Success Manager will always be happy to hear from you and help you find whatever information you're looking for, so feel free to shoot them an email whenever you need.
Welcome to awesome!
There's nothing sweeter than a fresh new forum, ready to welcome your community. A Vanilla Forum has all the bits and pieces you need to build an awesome discussion platform customized to your needs.
Here are a few tips for you as the administrator:
- Use the Getting Started checklist in the Dashboard to get your site ready for visitors.
- Don't create too many categories. We recommend 3-8 to start with, keep it simple for your users!
- Announce a discussion (click the gear) to stick to the top of the list, and Close it to stop further comments. This is useful for posting the rules, or welcoming new members.
- Use Sink to take attention away from a discussion that might be getting out of hand. New comments will no longer bring it back to the top of the list.
- Bookmark a discussion (click the star) to get notifications for new comments. You can edit notification settings from your profile.
We've created a few sample discussions to help get you started. They contain some useful "Day 1" information and also show you how things might look once your forum has a bit of real activity. Feel free to keep, edit, or delete them as you see fit!
Now spread the word to get this place cooking. Cheers!